Friday, April 9, 2010

Baby Anna Is Here!

Introducing Georgianna Ruth, our Anna. She's named after both of Josh's beautiful grandmothers.I woke up Monday morning with contractions coming fast. Josh hurried to get the boys out the door to a friend's house for the day and when he got home the contractions were hard and three minutes apart. We drove 20 miles up the highway to the hospital and I couldn't talk or walk anymore. We didn't have time for an epidural so she came au natural and fast! We arrived at the hospital at 9:30 am and she was born at 12:30.
I'm so sleepy! Anna is a great sleeper! I don't know how long it will last, but we're enjoying it for now. Mom and Dad can attest that the boys were not so great at sleeping, probably because they were hungry, so this sleeping baby thing is new to us. The big brothers are doing so well. Michael said, "We didn't really know she would be born." I guess no matter how much you talk about it before hand, it's a shock to see a real baby join the family. They're being sweet with her and ignoring her as expected!
She has the softest, dewy skin. We love this sweet girl! She makes the most adorable sounds and it feels like we already know her.
Michael says, "She loves me, right Mom?" We know she does and that she will look up to her big brothers her whole life.

We came home Tuesday afternoon and are recuperating. It's so much easier than twins and than the c-section and we feel very very blessed.

More to come!

3 comments:

Suzie Petunia said...

Pictures of beautiful Anna! Hooray!! She is so pretty, Kristina! Just like her mama. That picture of the boys holding her gave me a little lump in my throat. There is nothing like seeing siblings together for the first time, and knowing their story together is just beginning. Anna is so lucky to have 2 big brothers that love her so much! I am so happy for you - happy it all went so well and that she is sleeping. I hope it continues! Get lots of rest and then post more pictures! :)

Little Miss said...

What great pictures! She's so adorable! I want to kiss those wonderful cheeks!! I especially love the photo of Sam and Michael holding her--it really shows their personalities! What a special, tender time for your family. New babies bring such a sweet spirit. Give everyone a big hug from me!
Debbie

Becks said...

She's such a pretty baby with great brothers to love her and help their mother. I love the picture of you holding her--it makes me think of what a sweet mother you are. It's such a special time for your family. Hope you get some rest and that you all have a special week with Mom and Dad there. I love you! Congratulations to the whole family. xoxo