Friday, April 22, 2011

Congrats, Grad!

It's graduation day! We're so proud of Julie for her hard work and good choices that have led her to achieve her goal.

The nursing school has only a few graduates each year, and it was a lovely graduation ceremony. Some of the graduates sang, "Lord, I Would Follow Thee". One of the speakers referred to the line that says, "I would be my brother's keeper, I would learn the healer's art. To the wounded and the weary, I would show a gentle heart." I liked that. Nurses do such a noble work. They literally follow the BYU motto of "Enter to learn; go forth to serve." I'm grateful for the nurses who have helped me and our family, and am happy Julie has chosen this as her profession.
As each graduate came to the podium to receive their Nurse's pin and diploma, they showed a slide with their picture and a favorite quote. Elder Richard G. Scott and Sister Rosemary Wixom both spoke to the graduates and their families. Such a beautiful graduation celebration!


Congratulations, Julie! We're so proud of you.

1 comment:

Lucky Mommy said...

Congratulations, Julie! We are so proud of you and your determination. You are so thoughtful and kind and will be the best kind of nurse. We love you!